Sunday, April 12, 2020

Let's Look Back for a Moment

Cue The Final Countdown

My project is due in a few days and I want to reflect on this extensive journey and I'm taking you with me.
I'm going to tell you (and maybe even rant) about the whole process. From the beginning, to this moment right now. 
Let's start by saying that I did underestimated the amount of time that would take for me to complete this project. I really wish that I could have had organized my time better, I wish I have planned more days to shoots and re shoot some scenes. 
But I think it all goes back to the planning of this project, now that I think about it I was too vague with the goals and expectations that I had anticipated each week. Instead of specifying what I wanted to accomplish for each weak, I limited myself by dividing the process for this project into three stages: Pre-Production, Production, and Post-Production. Now that I have experienced what is like to create a film opening by myself, I wish that I was more aware about the amount of time that this takes. Obviously it was impossible to foreseen the obstacles that were going to be present in the way (Like the pandemic) but even when I was making the schedule I was not thinking of any obstacles AT ALL. 
I tend to get stuck if something does not go my way, and this project taught me that I have to be resourceful and work around situations and make the most of new opportunities that are presented to me. I had to build locations from scratch and film the same clip like ten times, which was sometimes frustrating.
Even though it was really fun and rewarding at times, sometimes I felt like the deadline was approaching faster and faster and I wasn't making any progress, which created more frustration.
With all of this being said, I'm really proud of what I accomplished in these two months. I could not be happier with the final project and I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did when I first watched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment