Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Happy Little Corner


I want to start this post by saying that this made me realize that I don't have as much space in my room as I thought... Seriously, I had to rearrange everything so I could create a space to film.

By this point I'm like 75% done with the filming process, I just have to get out of the way the scene of the gallery (but I need to finish the artwork first) and the scene in the store (I figured that I'm going to Michaels® since apparently is still open...)

Let's get back to discussing how the filming went... It definitely took longer than I expected but I think it's because what I was filming was not a linear story but rather capturing snapshots of a bigger scene (cue the se7en intro). I still needed to create a setting where all of those moments took place in order to tie everything together... And that is how The Happy Little Corner was born.
Note: This picture was taken after I began filming. I also added some hand-prints on top of the newspapers

As you can see there are many elements and overall the scene appears to be quite full and messy... It is completely in purpose. I want to create the idea that the main character does not take care of his surroundings since he is so focused in completing a specific task. I also added the jar full of coins next to the canvas to allude that he is saving up money to buy stuff and to show the theme of being from a lower class.


I tried to film everything that I could on my own, but for some scenes I had to ask my mom for help (Either holding the camera of moving the lights) I learned that it is way easier to work with a team than by yourself.
By the end of the day cleaning this up also took waaay longer than I would have liked to but i'm done with this part of the opening so now I just have to focus on the other things.



No comments:

Post a Comment