Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Making Skin-tones was More Difficult than I Expected


Everything couldn't be perfect and it seems like the Coronavirus is trying to intervene once again.
Remember that I was going to become a professional makeup artist? Well... Turns out that the package is going to take a little bit longer to arrive, getting here just a couple of days before the deadline.
I could try to wing it and film the scenes where I was supposed to use the makeup kit when it arrives, but I feel like that is way too risky since during the last few days I want to dedicate my time solely to the CCR. Instead, I remembered that there are like fifty more methods to create those types of visual effects so I gathered all the materials that I could find in my house.
Paint, glue, and paper towels. I needed to make it work, so after what it felt like an hour of mixing colors, I finally created one that somewhat resembled my skin-tone (It is way harder than you think, I even found several guides to make those types of colors).
I also noted that if I'm ever going to use this skill again, I have to make sure that I write somewhere the amount of paint I mixed to create certain color. Because if you have to mix everything again without a guide I bet you are going to have a really fun time.




But anyway, I figured out the skin texture fairly quickly and painting the blood was also easier than create the skin tone since I already had red paint... Obviously.
You may be thinking... Did it work? I think you should judge it yourself.
I think that I have already create too much anticipation so here is the final result....
 
I know that It doesn't look like it's worth a thousand dollars but it doesn't look terrible so I'm proud with the final product.
And with this obstacle out of the way It is time to continue filming..



No comments:

Post a Comment